As the academic year starts to kick off, all the pre-medical students have their fingers crossed discussing the higher education options.
Whether it’s learning applied biosciences or making an amazing career, everyone wants to get admission to one of the country’s most prestigious institutions for sciences, aka the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST).
This is where the question pops up; Can premedical students get admission to NUST?
Simply put, Yes! Students who are motivated to enroll in the National University Of Sciences and Technology can easily achieve their dreams by fulfilling the requirements.
If you are wondering what those requirements may be, let’s waste no time and start discussing all the details about a premedical student enrolling in NUST.
Can A Pre-Medical Student Get Admission In NUST
Yes, premedical students can get admission to NUST, but they have very limited options.
They can only opt for Computer Science, Biotechnology, and NBS (Nust business school).
Moreover, there are many other requirements that a student needs to fulfill to get admission to NUST. Here are some requirements listed below.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks each in SSC and HSSC OR equivalent exams (as per IBCC equivalence).
- Candidates of the FA/FSc stream can apply for NET based on FA/FSc Part-I, but confirmation of admission is subject to the provision of an FA/FSc certificate or Detailed Marks Certificate.
- All non-FSc stream candidates having qualifications like Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate, British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level), American High School Graduation Diploma (9-12th Grade), International Baccalaureate Diploma (DP), or any other equivalent qualification must have equivalence certificate of their qualification, duly obtained from IBCC, Pakistan in relevant groups/subjects and with minimum 60% marks.
- Candidates of O/A Level or any other foreign equivalent qualification can apply based on an O Level (SSC) equivalence certificate obtained from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) office, but confirmation of their admission is subject to the provision of A Level (HSSC) equivalence certificate duly obtained from IBCC, Pakistan.
- Candidates of O/A level or any other foreign qualification are advised to contact IBCC, Pakistan, for issuance of equivalence certificates as per university requirements with more than 60% marks in required subjects/groups, well in time. Any deficiency of subjects or non-provision of the IBCC equivalence certificate before classes start, will lead to cancellation of admission at any stage.
- Merit for the BS Biotechnology program will be based on complete FSc / A Level or equivalent qualification (as per IBCC Equivalence Certificate) result.
Also Read: Class 11th Date Sheet 2023 – Punjab Boards
Can Pre Medical Students Opt For Other Different Fields In NUST
Yes! Premedical students can opt for different studies ensuring that they fulfill the requirements of that particular field.
They can also go for Biotech and Nust Business School.
However, things don’t end there. The premedical students can also become a part of various other programs, which may include BBA, Mass communication, BS public administration, etc.
And if you’re thinking to go for business school, the students need a minimum of 150 marks, and for biotech, they need at least 140 marks in NET.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is NUST a recognized institution for medical studies?
A: Not really; NUST isn’t a recognized institution. One should remember that NUST isn’t a dedicated institute for medical studies. Rather, it is best suitable for engineering students.
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for admission to NUST medical programs?
A: The eligibility criteria for admission in NUST medical programs include having a minimum of 60% marks in FSC pre-medical or equivalent examination and at least 150 marks in the NET (this highly varies on your past marks, but it is a good target to aim for).
Candidates are selected based on merit, with the final selection made based on the candidate’s academic record, entry test score, and interview performance.
Q: How is the academic environment at NUST for medical students?
A: NUST provides an excellent academic environment for medical students, with modern teaching facilities, state-of-the-art laboratories, and experienced faculty members.
The curriculum is designed to be comprehensive and up-to-date, covering most aspects of medical studies.